What Are Daily Astrological Planetary Hours (Horas)?

At my very young age I was fascinated by the brilliance, vastness, scope and charm of Astrology. I met with a gentleman in my late 20's who mastered astrology and took me under his wing and taught me everything he knew. I consider him my master and teacher of astrology.

The two topics I showed tremendous interest were Daily Planetary Horas (Hours) and Sarvashtaka Varga (Sanskrit word), a mathematical genius of Indian astrology. He taught me unremittingly ins and outs of these marvelous branches of Astrology. For over 40 years I have used both.

He taught me how to calculate the date and time of birth of any one from their Thumb. Every time he did this, it was precise to the minute and was verified. This was beyond me and could not do it. I confined my research to my two above referred favorites.

Simply put the 7 primary planets SUN, MOON, MARS, MERCURY, JUPITER, VENUS AND SATURN rule each hour of the day in a cyclical order, every day and for ever and influences our daily lives in a significance way.

This idea and this time management system have been in use for centuries. Chaldeans were the first to popularize this magnificent system. For a very long time only 7 planets have been recognized and in use. They are SUN, MOON, MARS, MERCURY, JUPITER, VENUS and SATURN. It has been established after research these 7 planets influence our daily lives.

This makes perfect sense. No wonder, from time immemorial humans have used 7 days in a week (SUNDAY, MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY). These 7 planets and 7 days are interwoven. This perfectly explains why these 7 primary planets have tremendous influence in our daily lives and all our lives.

It is worth mentioning here the number 7 has spiritual, magical and mystical significance. 7 planets, 7 musical notes, 7 chakras in the practice of yoga, 7 week days, 7 continents, so on and so forth.

Daily planetary hours (horas) system is easy to understand, use and benefit from. Here is how it works:

All Mondays start with and ruled by Moon Hour (Hora) at sunrise. All 2nd hours on Mondays are ruled by Saturn, All 3rd Hours (Hora) are ruled by Jupiter. All 4th Hours (Horas) are ruled by Mars, All 5th Hours are ruled by Sun, All 6th Hours are ruled by Venus and all 7th hours are ruled by Mercury. After completing the 7th hour, the first cycle, Moon hours start the 2nd cycle and rule the 8th hours. The same cycle repeats forever. Moon again starts and rules the 15th hours on Modays. Moon again starts and rules the 22nd hours on Mondays. 23rd hour will be ruled by Saturn, 24th hour ends with Jupiter. The next hour in the cycle will be that of Mars at sunrise on all Tuesdays.

All Tuesdays start with and ruled by Mars at sunrise. You will follow the same cycle, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon, Saturn and Jupiter, This cycle repeats over and over forever. For your information one hora is not exactly 60 minutes. This hora system is based on accurate sun rise and sunset times. These times vary daily and seasonally and therefore 24 horas are slightly different in duration with the 24 calendar hours with 60 minutes duration per hour.